Bennett Allen is an associate attorney with Cook & Logothetis where he practices labor, employment, employee benefit, Title IX and civil rights law representing labor unions, individual plaintiffs, and employee benefit plans. Bennett joined Cook & Logothetis in 2015 as a law clerk and became an associate in May 2016.
A native New Yorker, Bennett received his bachelor’s degree from Columbia University, and upon graduating began working as a federal investigator for the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of -Labor Management Standards (OLMS), where he conducted financial audits, investigated embezzlement of union funds, and oversaw union officer elections. In 2007, he transferred to the DOL OLMS Cincinnati District Office. In 2013, Bennett separated from government to attend the University of Cincinnati, College of Law, obtaining his JD in 2016. While there he served as President of the Labor and Employment Law Club from 2014-2016. In 2014, he interned at the Department of Labor’s Office of Administrative Law Judges, and in 2015 interned at Region Nine, National Labor Relations Board.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 2016
- Columbia University, New York, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Build 513, Treasurer, 2016 to 2019
- Adventure Crew (formerly Outdoor Adventure Clubs of Greater Cincinnati), Treasurer, 2018 to Present