When Legal Problems Arise In The Workplace
Americans spend more time in the workplace than ever before, often spending more time at work and commuting than they do at home. Because of this, their exposure to legal problems in the workplace has increased as well. The best way to limit your exposure and to resolve workplace-related disputes effectively is to work with the experienced employment dispute attorneys at Cook, Allen & Logothetis, LLC.
Our Cincinnati, Ohio, law firm is dedicated to representing employees and labor unions in employment disputes that affect workers. When we accept a case, we do in-depth research into the employee’s industry or field. This thorough approach helps us succeed in employment litigation; we come to know the ins and outs of how our client’s particular industry works. As a result, we can see how the law protects our clients in unique ways and, ultimately, we help our clients achieve better results.
Whether it’s remote database management, vehicle transportation, or manufacturing, we can help you resolve a broad spectrum of employment and workplace disputes:
- Wrongful termination: We represent people who have been fired or demoted in their jobs for illegal reasons, like in retaliation for an action or being a member of a protected class (age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, race and disability).
- Employment discrimination: Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in the workplace. If you have been discriminated against, talk with an attorney.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): The Family and Medical Leave Act allows individuals up to twelve weeks of unpaid leave for reasons including the birth and care of a newborn child, adoption, to care for an immediate family member and to take medical leave when you are unable to work.
- Wage hour and pay disputes: We help resolve disputes regarding overtime compensation, improper classification, independent contractor status, unpaid leave and wage theft.
- Retaliation: When an employer demotes or fires you solely because of an action you allegedly took, this illegal act is called retaliation.
At Cook, Allen & Logothetis, we represent people whose rights have been violated by employment and workplace disputes. For over 35 years, our success has been based on seeking economic and social justice for them, and we continue to pursue justice with each case we accept.
Contact Cook, Allen & Logothetis
Contact Cook, Allen & Logothetis to speak with a lawyer with in-depth knowledge of Ohio employment law. Call us toll free at 888-339-0443 or locally at 513-878-1799. Of course, you could also send us an e-mail.